1. Put all biscuit ingredients in a bowl and combine well using your hands. Squeeze the mixture to fully combine.2. Use a dampened, offset spatula to prevent stickiness, spread mixture to a Teflex sheet-lined, dehydrator tray. Aim for an even thickness.
Note: I spread mine to 20cm x 20cm. A square shape enables easy scoring.
3. Score the mixture into the size you would like. Suggest 5cm x 5cm square but you can choose whatever shape you like.
4. Dehydrate at 42-45 degrees C (108F) for 8-10 hours.
5. Flip onto the mesh and dehydrate for another 10 – 15 hours, or until crisp & crunchy.
Allow biscuits to cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
6. Spread 1 Tbsp of Bali Nutra: Roasted Coconut Butter between two biscuits and squeeze together to form a sandwich. Repeat until all biscuits are made.
7. Melt chocolate over a double boiler until it reaches 42 degrees C. Temper chocolate for shine, snap and shelf-stability. Click here for simple tempering guidelines.
8. Enrobe your biscuits in chocolate and place on a tray with parchment paper. The chocolate should be around 27-29 degrees C for enrobing. Note: When you place the biscuits on the parchment paper, you should not have any runny chocolate. If you do, the chocolate needs to be cooler. Stir chocolate until the temperature drops and thickens a little more.
9. After enrobing each biscuit, immediately decorate with desiccated coconut.
Place biscuits in the fridge for 10-15 mins or until set.
Once set, place in an air-tight container and consume within 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!