It’s nearing Christmas and here at Bali Nutra HQ we’re trying out lots of delicious festive recipes to spice up our menus. One of our Christmas favourites is homemade Gingerbread, and this Bali Nutra recipe with our delicious coconut syrup is the perfect healthy alternative. It’s quick to make and you can style your Gingerbread however you like, plain, dipped in chocolate or even as a cute little Gingerbread house! However you want to make this recipe work for you – it does. We made our recipe with coconut oil because we love the taste, and it’s much better for you than butter, but you can do it the way you like it.
Bali Nutra Gingerbread
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 0.5 cup of Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil or Butter
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1.5 cups of Gluten Free / All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- In a saucepan melt the butter/coconut oil and Bali Nutra over low heat. Mix in spices and remove from heat and let cool.
- Sift half the flour into a bowl. Make a well in centre and add the Bali Nutra mixture, egg yolk and baking powder (dissolved in some boiling water). Mix thoroughly. Add the extra flour and knead to make a firm dough that doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (350°F)
- Use a rolling pin on a floured surface to roll out the dough to around 0.5cm thick. Cut out desired shapes and place them on a greased and floured baking sheet. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for around 10 minutes (or until the Gingerbread cookies are slightly golden in colour).